Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What is on your Boarding Pass?


On my last business trip I flew on a different airline to my destination.  My co-worker and I purchased standard tickets, but upon arrival to the airport we were upgraded to first class – without paying for it!  I have only flown first-class 1 or 2 times and am somewhat unfamiliar with all the added benefits that come with first-class flying.  I was also unaware with the terminology this particular airline used to identify people with priority boarding.  I assumed that my ticket was standard and stood in the standard security line where I waited for 20 minutes to go through security.  I ended up going to the wrong security point and went through the wrong security line.  I completely bypassed the priority boarding line where no one was standing all because I wouldn’t pay attention!

This is how most people view salvation.  They believe that they haven’t done enough good, or that they have done too much bad to deserve Heaven.  However, that is simply not the case.  2 Peter 3:9 tells us “The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”  In John 3:16 we are told “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”  Some people assume that Heaven is there destination, but they haven’t checked their boarding pass to ensure they are headed in the right direction.  And some people assume that they it simply cannot be that easy.  They end up going to the wrong side of the terminal and stand in the wrong line. 

Friend, life guarantees us one thing only – that we will all die.  However, our death does not need to be permanent.  God is offering “priority boarding passes” to those who have faith in His redemptive work on the cross and His saving grace.  He has a security line that few take, and guarantees you an eternal comfort in His presence.

What does your boarding pass say?

Coach CJ
Director – CHSM

Follow CHSM on Twitter (@chsmhouston)
Follow Coach CJ on Twitter (@CJPomeroy1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comment for our team. We would love to hear from you! Don't forget to +1 this if you enjoyed what you read. Thanks!